NOTE: All of these articles are included in the demo which can be downloaded in the Products section.
1. "The Design Spiral for Computer-Aided Boat Design" (72 pages) - Stephen M. Hollister
This is a good overview of the boat design process and how it is applied to the computer.
2. "Automatic Hull Variation and Optimization" ( 10 pages) - Stephen M. Hollister
This is a technical (SNAME) paper that discusses some of the new methods we're working on.
3. "Hull Design: From the Drawing Board to the Computer" (13 pages) - Stephen M. Hollister
This is not available in HTML format yet and is not included in the demo..
4. "The Dirty Little Secrets of Hull Design by Computer" - Stephen M. Hollister
Published in Designer's Quarterly, this article discusses many of the difficulties of describing complex hull shapes using NURB surfaces.
5. "5-Axis Milling for Plugs, Molds, and Tooling" - Stephen M. Hollister
This article discusses the process of CNC milling directly from the computer hull model.
6. "Reverse Engineering 3D Computer Hull Shapes From 2D Lines Drawings and Offsets Tables" - Stephen M. Hollister
This article describes the process of inputting a hull shape from an existing lines drawing or table of offsets.